Do you know that our home air is more polluted than the outside air? As we have to spend a significant amount of time at indoor, so we must purify our indoor air. Otherwise, we may put risk our lives.
An air purifier would be a useful machine for us. Especially for those who have Allegers, Asthma, Highly sensitive to pollution or concerns about their health.
But did you know what is an air purifier or what does it do? Then stop! Before buying it, I suggested you read this article. In this article, I will inform in details about what does an air purifier do and more.
From this article, you will come to know why an air purifier is useful. So don’t be late and let’s get started.
- What is an air purifier?
- What Does An Air Purifier Do?
- How does an air purifier work?
- How do air purifiers clean the air we breathe?
- Types of air purifiers
- Reasons why you need an air purifier
- Factors to consider when you choose an Air Purifier
- Final Verdict
What is an air purifier?
Simply air purifier is a machine that cleans the air. Technically it is a portable machine specifically designed to remove air pollution from indoor air, like dust, mold spores, pet dander, pollen and other allergens. According to the EPA, “The air that you breathe at your home can be up to 5 times more polluted than outside air.”
What Does An Air Purifier Do?
That question gets asked a lot, and I am going to answer that.
Every second you breathe, you are taking polluted air into your eyes, throats, or lungs. But an air purifier is that machine which reduces all the air pollution. And we can breathe fresh air.
It removes dust allergens, bacteria, volatile organic compounds and more.
How does an air purifier work?
Here i share a video to know details clearly.
How do air purifiers clean the air we breathe?
Air purifiers use a fan system to pull pollutants from the air into the unit. Then pass it through a filtration system to filter impurities before returning the air to the room. It cleans the air in this process-
- Pre-filter: made of foam or mesh. It captures the larger particles such as hair or dust before the air passes through the primary filter.
- HEPA filter: the essential filter system. It removes at least 99.97% of all particles, even those that are as small as 0.3 microns.
- Activated carbon filter: it absorbs odors and gasses and naturalizes smoke, chemicals, and fumes.
- Titanium Dioxide Filter: this filter combines with UV light and causes a chemical reaction that oxidizes pollutant.
- UV Germicidal filter: uses agents to kill airborne microorganisms or uses UV lamp to kill germs so that they can’t multiply.
- Ionizer: creates an ionized charge to filter the more substantial particles in the air such as dust and contaminates.
These filters are the key elements that purify the air you breathe.
Types of air purifiers
You can find various types of air purifier in today’s market. Air purifiers do their work in depending on their model and functions. In the market, Air purifiers have different sizes, and it also serves different sized areas.
1. HEPA Air Purifiers
HEPA means High-Efficiency Particulate Air. This technology is the most popular and used for many years to clean air pollution such as chemicals, bacteria, and viruses through the HEPA filter.
The HEPA filter can capture 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. In terms of allergens, it is one of the most effective filtration systems. Its activated carbon pre-filter captures large particles and helps to reduce odors.
Its powerful fan motor draws in the room air and releases cleaner air 360 degrees. Most people are like to use this HEPA air purifier because it doesn’t cause any harm to the ozone.
An air ionizer also knew as an Ionic air purifier. By electrically charging air molecules, an air ionizer purifies the air in a room. Air ionizers use ions to remove particulates, microbes, and odors from the air.
People who are very sensitive to allergies, asthma, and other respiratory-related ailments must buy Air ionizers to make the air healthier.
3. Activated Carbon Purifiers
Activated Carbon Purifiers uses carbon to absorbent the pollution from the air. It is also known as an activated charcoal filter.
People who are very sensitive to odors like smoke or natural gas, pet smells, formaldehyde, perfumes, chemicals should buy an activated carbon air purifier. Because once this carbon filter absorbed the particles, it never re-releases it.
Activated carbon Purifiers works best in combination with a HEPA air filter. And many bestselling and highly recommended air cleaners use this combination.
4. UV or ultraviolet Air Purifiers
With the use of ultraviolet light, Ultraviolet (UV) air purifiers remove possibly harmful germs, viruses, bacteria, and pathogens from the air. Its ultraviolet light protects you from infections and airborne diseases. It is usually pair with other purifiers for maximum air quality. This UV air purifiers mainly use in hospital for purifying patient rooms and laboratories.
However, similar to the carbon filters, the UV systems are often used in collaboration with HEPA filters so that the purifier removes a more significant number of contaminants.
Reasons why you need an air purifier
Some people are significantly benefiting from purchasing an air purifier. If you fall into one of these, the time has come to consider the purchase seriously.
- An air purifier is an excellent investment for anyone who has Allegers, asthma, or concerns about their health.
- It is also great for pet owners. Because no matter how you clean your pets are but pet tender is a common allergy that is flying on air. But an air purifier can solve this problem.
- If you are suffering from cold in flu season, an air purifier gives you great benefit because it can clean the air from bacteria and viruses.
- According to the American Cancer Society, “inhaling secondhand smoke is even more dangerous than smoking itself.” Air purifiers can eliminate the smoke and give you fresh air to breathe.
- Air purifiers can help those people who like to have clean homes.
Factors to consider when you choose an Air Purifier
When you are going to buy an air purifier, you must consider the size of your room. HVAC system is best for your entire house because it can clean a full house at once. Or, you can also buy Air Purifier by measuring the room.
For example, if you have a 15 by the 20-foot room, which means 300 square feet room that you need an Air Purifier which covers 300 square feet area.
After selecting the size then you have to consider the features of air purifier. The main features of any air purifier are to clean the air from pollution. But there are some extra features, such as-
- Digital controls
- Adjustable fan speeds
- Air quality sensors
- Handles for ease of mobility
- cycle wheels
This feature gives you an additional benefit over the performance of your air purifier.
Servicing and maintenance
When you are going to buy an air purifier, you must consider your budget as well as also consider the Servicing and support of it.
Do you have to think about how often you are willing to replace the filter? For example, a HEPA filter gives you service up to 1 year, carbon filter six months, and pre-filter three months.
Air Change Rate
When you are going to buy an air purifier, you must consider Air Change Rate. Because it measures in an hour how the total room purifies.
Sound of air purifier
You also have to consider the sound level of the purifier. All purifier has fans and has endured the noise. But if it produces excessive noise, then it will disturb you. So buy that one which makes less noise and makes your home peace and clam.
If you want an air purifier, you consider not only the needs of your indoor places but also feel the necessity of air purification.
By reading this article, I hope you have gathered an idea about what is an air purifier, what does it do, how does it work, how beneficial it is for us, what’s the reasons to buy it. In the market place, you can find many types of air purifiers. You have to choose as per your requirement.
Hope the article will be helpful for you. If there are any other questions in about what does an air purifier do just let us inform.