We cannot contest the fact that the air we breathe in nowadays have become more polluted than it was before. We need to do something to make it more breathable to take in; thus, we need to buy air purifiers to at least filter the air from allergens and other harmful particles that cause detriment in our health.
Choosing the best air purifier could be somewhat overwhelming and unnerving, if, in the first place, you don’t have any idea about air purifiers. Thanks to Holmes for making products that not only transform our homes but also provide superb quality for ultimate comfort in our homes. Holmes has been depended on by most families all over the world for many decades now. The brand takes pride in its air purifiers that usually belong to one of the top spots in the market because of its functionality, affordability, and aesthetic quality rolled into one.
Our Holmes Air Purifier reviews will help you choose the air purifier that suits your taste and needs the most.
The Top 5 Holmes Air Purifier Reviewed
1. Holmes HAP8650B-NU-2 Air Purifier
If you are looking for an air purifier that could accommodate your large home well, then look no more, for Holmes Large Room Air Purifier could just do that. This large air purifier can filter air in a 349 sq. ft. room and a smoke CADR of 225. It has a true HEPA filter that could efficiently remove allergens, mold, pet dander, and even smoke after air passes through it. It also has a washable pre-filter that captures larger particles to prolong the shelf life of the HEPA filter.
- It is ideal to use in large areas up to 349 sq. ft.
- It has a true HEPA filter that traps 99.97% of allergens and smoke as air passes through it.
- With Electric Filter monitor that informs you whenever it is time to change your filter.
- With 4 cleaning speeds, you could choose for your different needs.
- Despite its large capacity, this product has a slim design that saves space.
- The motor of the air purifier works quietly to provide good sleep without interruption.
- It includes three filters that remove bad-smelling odor in your home.
2. Holmes HAP726-U Air Purifier
To filter air of a medium-sized room of up to 256 sq. ft., the Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover Air Purifier got you covered. You can position it both ways, either vertically or horizontally, whatever you deem right. It is equipped with a true HEPA filter that removes molds, dust, pet dander, and other allergens from the air after passing right through it. Plus, it has an enhanced filter that helps eliminate common bad-causing odor in the household.
What makes this product more interesting is that it has a timer that allows a spontaneous run time up to 16 hours. It also has a filter monitor that suggests that it is already time to change your filter for maximum performance. No worries, for this product comes with a limited warranty of up to 3 years from the Holmes company itself.
- It can filter the air of a medium-sized room of up to 256 sq. ft.
- It also has a true HEPA Allergen filter that could remove allergens and smoke as air passes through it.
- Enhancing filter that removes the unpleasant smell from your home.
- With a slim design that you can also use in two ways: vertically or horizontally
- A filter monitor that tells you that it is time to change your filter.
- It has a programmable auto-off timer that allows you spontaneous use of up to 16 hours.
3. Holmes HAP9240-NWU Air Purifier
If you only want a purifier that is perfect for your small-sized room, then the Holmes Small Room Air Purifier is the answer to that. This compact-designed air purifier could clean the air of a 100 sq. ft. room and a CADR of 65. It has a HEPA-type filter that could capture particles as minute as 2 microns to allow you breathe a cleaner and fresher air in your homes, and an optional Ionizer that binds the negative ions to smoke, pollen, and dust to form a bigger-sized particle that could be easily filtered out by the air purifier.
Say goodbye to the nasty smell in your homes because Holmes Small Room Air Purifier is equipped with an Aer1 filter that eliminates them like the power of baking soda. Furthermore, Holmes Small Room Air Purifier has a Filter Alert Technology that lights up to indicate that your filter needs to be replaced for optimal functionality. Its slim design could easily blend in your small room either vertically or horizontally.
- It can clean the air of small-sized 100 sq. ft. room and has a CADR of 65.
- Equipped with a HEPA-type filter that could catch particles as minute as 2 microns.
- Plus, it has an Aer1 filter to remove the nasty odor from your home.
- It also has an Ionizer that allows easy capture of particles that pollutes the air.
- You can choose from the 3-speed settings according to your discretion.
- A light will signal that it needs filter replacement.
- It has a compact design with dual-positioning features.
4. Holmes HAP706-U Air Purifier
The Holmes True HEPA Mini Tower air cleaner could easily blend in your bedroom, family room, offices, etc., thanks to its sleek and upright, mini-tower design. This mini-tower purifier is ideal for small rooms of up to 80 sq. ft. and a CADR of 55. This small but terrific air purifier still functions best in removing as small as 0.3 microns of allergens such as dust, dander, smoke, and other particles because of its true HEPA filter.
It has 3-cleaning speeds that you could choose from depending on your discretion. Plus, it has an ionizer that helps improve the air purifiers’ performance in keeping your air more breathable to take in. It functions quietly, making it ideal to use for a good night’s sleep.
- It can clean a small-sized room of up to 80 sq. ft. with a CADR of 55.
- Equipped with a true HEPA filter that can remove up to 99.97% of allergens after the air passes through it.
- With an ionizer that helps enhance the air-purifying capabilities of your device.
- It has a 3-cleaning speed designed to cater to your needs.
- With a slim, tower design that easily blends in your room, office, or just any small-sized room.
5. Holmes HAP242-NUC Air Purifier
Have a fresher and an odor-free air by using the Holmes Small Room 3-Speed Air Purifier. This handy air purifier is not only excellent in keeping the air free from dust, pollen, pet dander, mold, and smoke because of its HEPA-type filter. But it is also brilliant in keeping the room odor-free. Thanks to its activated Carbon filter, we can already say goodbye to nasty household smell.
These 2 filters can easily be accessed by popping off the cover and controlling the sliding switch in the settings. This air purifier is ideal for use in a 109 sq. ft. room with a smoke CADR of 70. It can stand upright or lie flat on your desk while it quietly operates; thus, it can use in an office-type set-up, your bedroom, living room, or just about anywhere.
- It can filter the air of 109 sq. ft. room and a smoke CADR of 70.
- The air purifier can easily blend in anywhere either upright or lying flat on the table.
- It has a HEPA-type filtration that traps 99% of allergens.
- It also has an activated carbon filter that takes away the nasty smell in your room.
- With an optional Ionizer that enhances the performance of your air purifier
In my opinion, the Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover Air Purifier is the one I would buy because aside from its high-functional features that are more or less the same with the rest of the Holmes product, it has a programmable auto-off timer that lets you spontaneously enjoy the air purifier.
Before you make an arduous decision of what purifier to buy, you must first know how to distinguish the best one that would suit your needs.
This is the first thing you have to consider when you are looking for an air purifier because a purifier that is designed for a small-sized room will not efficiently work when used in a large-sized room; you may need to buy two of that for it to work well, making it more expensive for you. There are air purifiers that are designed for a larger room like the Holmes Large Room 4-Speed True HEPA Air Purifier than can be used in a 349 sq. ft. closed-area.
An air purifier will be in vain without the ability of the filters installed into it. Most starter purifiers equipped with a three-layer filter that includes a pre-filter, HEPA filter, and Carbon filter to remove allergens such as dust, mold, pet dander, etc. from the air, making it more breathable and fresher to take in. Some air purifiers combine these three basic filters into one unit while others offer them into three separate ones for individual replacement.
Clean Air Delivery Rate or CADR is an international standard for computing the effectivity of the air purifier. It helps determine the speed of the purifier in cleaning the air of a particular room; which means, the higher the CADR, the quicker it can clean the air.
Entry-level purifiers come with an LED system that determines the air quality. However, the latest models are now equipped with a digital display that shows the actual air quality in your room. It makes it easier for you to determine if you need to run your device at the maximum level or can already lower it down.
Some air purifiers are now equipped with a filter monitor that lets you determine if you need to replace your filters for full functionality.
Some may say that it is unnecessary to consider the noise level of your air purifier in choosing the best one for your taste. However, that is not the case for all. Some really prefer the noise-canceling models to let them have an uninterrupted sleep at night.
To maximize its performance level, filters should be replaced once deemed necessary or the filter monitor tells you to do so. Therefore, it is also a must to consider the cost and the quality of these replacement filters so that you will not end up buying filter replacements frequently.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need an Air Purifier at home?
Ans: If you have one of these four signs, then it may be for your own good to purchase an air purifier.
c. Dust on furniture
d. Bad odors
2. Is it okay to keep the air purifier on the entire night?
Ans: Ideally, air purifiers should be kept on for 24 hours a day if you are just staying at home. However, if most of your time is allotted to work and no one is at home, then you can read the guide regarding the occasional use of air purifiers.
3. How long should your air purifier run?
It all depends on the model, type, and overall built of your air purifier. The user manual will give you a guide regarding occasional use. But typically, you can keep using it for five to eight hours a day. You can always turn it on after your equipment had some rest.
4. How long does it take to clean the air in my room?
Ans: It really depends on the CADR and the size of your room. You could also keep it running even if you’re not around to continuously clean the air inside your room. But all in all, usually it will take 30 minutes to a maximum of 2 hours to clean the air of your entire room if you are using the appropriate air purifier for your room.
5. Can air purifiers cause harm?
Ans: It can, that is if you are using the wrong type of air purifier. For your information, the filter-based air purifiers don’t produce harmful by-products that will be detrimental to your health. However, there are other types of air purifiers that generate formaldehyde, nitrogen dioxide, ozone, and carbon monoxide that may bring harm to our health.
6. Do air purifier and dehumidifier function the same?
Ans: Both devices could prevent people with allergy and asthma from having another attack. An air purifier cleans the air from allergens, dust, pet dander, mold spores, and bacteria. On the other hand, a dehumidifier only reduces the spread of allergens. However, if you want to resolve the mold spores forming inside your house, then a dehumidifier will be your best choice.
7. Do air purifiers make the air dry?
Ans: No. An air purifier is only a fan device or an ionizer that doesn’t change the humidity levels of the air.
Air purifiers have become a household necessity nowadays to make the air we breathe in safer and cleaner. In order for you to reach a decision with the best air purifier that will satisfy all your needs, you just need to determine the size of the room you want to install your air purifier with, CADR score, filter replacement available, noise level, filter monitor, and pollution indicator.
Holmes has become one of the top brands when it comes to anything handy in the household and that includes air purifiers. Holmes air purifiers have designed to cater to the different needs of individuals. They are not only highly functional but are also reasonably priced and aesthetically pleasing.
We have the Holmes Large Room True HEPA Air Purifier for large closed-areas, Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover Air Purifier for medium-sized areas, and Holmes Small Room HEPA Air Purifier, Holmes True HEPA Mini Tower Air Purifier, and Holmes Small Room 3-Speed Air Purifier for smaller areas. These Holmes Air Purifiers are made from superior quality with more or less the same function. We hope this article has helped you sort things out with regard to the best air purifier for your home.