Are you suffering from mold allergies or asthma and want to remove mold problems from your house? Does your family member have a compromised immune system? If the answer is yes, then definitely you suffer from an indoor mold problem.
Mold is something you cannot escape or remove. Finding mold inside the house and removing it ultimately is a nightmare for you. And if you don’t do anything, it quickly makes the house unusable for living. And then it is not so easy to get rid of it. That is why it is necessary to stop the attack before it can invade your home and your health, and you must do everything you can.
One way to deal with the presence of mold in your house is to use an air purifier. Now the most awaited question arrived in your mind do air purifiers work for mold? Yes, air purifiers work for mold. In this post, we’ll try to answer that. So you can know how air purifiers work for mold and what is the best way to keep you and your family safe from mold exposure.
What Is the Mold?
Mold is a small and harmful fungus that grows fast and spreads quickly, both inside and outside. Outdoor molds help to decompose dead leaves, trees, shrubs, etc. in nature, but indoor molds are harmful to your health.
It can grow and reproduce in a damp and dimly lit place of a home. So if the mold is stuck in the house for a long time and if you don’t take quick action, it can cause significant problems for your family.
How Mold Affect Our Health?
Since the mold seeds are tiny and light, they can float in the air quickly. Then it enters the body through our breathing. And if we breathe mold seeds for a long time, they may suffer from long-term mold-related illnesses. Such as Cancer, Pulmonary injury, Hematologic and immunologic disorders, Hypersensitivity pneumonitis, etc.
You or your family members, especially kids or people with respiratory problems, can quickly get sick from this mold-related illness. Even your pets can get sick due to too much mold.
Some common symptoms of mold-related illness are:
- Wheezing, Coughing and Sneezing
- Throat irritation
- Red, itchy eyes
- Runny nose and skin Rashes
- Infection in the lungs
Do Air Purifiers Work for Mold?
Of course, air purifiers will be your first solution to remove mold and mold spores from indoors and prevent them from reproducing. With unique features of the filtration system and germicidal technology can quickly destroy mild indoors.
So if there is no serious mold problem indoors and to eliminate the seeds of mold that are soaked in the air, then a simple air purifier will be an excellent choice for your health. To deal with tiny and light mold your air purifier should have this quality-
- The True HEPA filtration system can eliminate 99.97% of dust particles as small as 0.3 microns in size. It not only captures mold and mold spores but also prevents them from reentering the home.
- Also, an air purifier with an Activated Carbon filter system can remove damp and annoying mold odors from home.
- You can use an air purifier with germicidal UV-C Light features. This destroys the DNA of the mold and makes it impossible for the seeds to reproduce.
- But air purifiers with an antimicrobial filter are more useful to avoid mold growth in damp and humid environments.
- You can also look for an air purifier with a dehumidifier function that controls home humidity. By which it controls the growth of mold and fungi inside the home.
Control Mold Growth Inside Home
But if you have visible mold growth in your house, then just an air purifier will not solve it. Here you need a physically clean solution to get permanent relief from the mold. You can use some mold sprayer or mixed with water soap, and bleach can clean up the mold immediately.
At the same time, you need to take these other steps to stay away from these nasty, smelly things and keep the home’s moisture from getting damp-
- The humidity level of the house should be monitored.
- If you have a moisture problem in a house, you can use a dehumidifier. It prevents the growth and breeding of mold spores.
- The floor should be kept clean and dry.
- Ventilating air vents, bathrooms, and cooking areas.
- Periodically fixing windows, roof leaks, and pipes and checking them.
- As the mold grows in a moist place, have to Clean and dry up waterlogged or water-damaged areas of the home.
- During cold and stormy weather ventilate the house well.
By reading this article now, you find your answer “Do air purifiers work for mold?” If you want to protect the home from mold and mold spores or you do not want your family to suffer from this health problem, then an air purifier will surely meet your needs.
You have to consider a device with HEPA or Activated Carbon filter technology or others whichever you like.
This small investment in an air purifier will help to protect you and your family from future health problems caused by mold or airborne particles. With the right preventive steps, an air purifier will help to reduce mold allergen levels in your home in the long run.
So why would you delay any longer? Buy an air purifier and exhale natural and pure air.