Last Updated on
Looking for the best air purifier for odor removal? Having an apartment and starting a house is definitely one of everyone’s top priorities, although your place of residence can be the most comfortable place to visit; where you find solitude and peace, there are several factors that can make it very uncomfortable very quickly for you.
One of these factors is the odor or disgusting odor, which is never lacking in sources such as trash cans, smoke generated from cigarettes or cooking smell, pets, bathrooms, odors are generally a problem that must be faced in most homes. The best way to fight it is to invest in the best air purifiers for the odors.
Of course, I expect you to look for the best air purifier for odor elimination, but choosing the perfect one often makes headaches. This is why I created this extensive article to assist in the selection process. There are various types of odors in the house, most of which have their own method of eradication through air purifiers.
- Top 5 Best Air Purifier for Odor Elimination
- Thoughts for Choosing The Best Air Purifier For Odors
- Air Purifier For Odor Removal: A General Place That Makes Houses Smell
- Air Freshener or Air Purifier: Which is The Best for Elimination of Odor
- Causes of House Odor: What Are They?
Top 5 Best Air Purifier for Odor Elimination
1. GENIANI Home Air Purifier for Odor Eliminator
- Operate at 3-speed level
- High-performance air purifier
- Using high-quality HEPA technology
- Eliminating odor
- Operate silently
- The ability to kill germs and bacteria from the air
If you are looking for one extraordinary desktop air purifier, you can try GENIANI Home Air Purifier that comes to serve your needs and serve you with clean and fresh air. It comes with a super amazing and true HEPA filter that removes dust allergens completely, and smoke from the surrounding air so you can breathe fresh air at any time.
This desktop air cleaner works with high efficiency and is certified for high standards and performance. It has the ability to kill germs and bacteria while cleaning the air. This desktop air purifier works with a 3-speed level where it works silently even at higher levels without making noise.
Famous for its perfect strength for a large workspace or living room. Despite being strong, it can successfully work in super-quiet speeds that are even at the highest level, it still works calmly. You can choose between 3 levels and switch to dim night lights at night. If you are looking for an air purifier for allergies, a GENIANI air purifier is the best choice.
It covers up to 160 sq. ft. making it ideal for use at home and in the office.
What I liked:
- Efficient filtering and odor removal
- Compact and sleek design
- Efficient in terms of smoking, allergens, and eliminate odors
- Has a night light function
What I don’t liked:
- Relatively loud at high settings
2. AeraMax 100 Air Purifier for Odors
- Weight: 9.24 pounds
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 7.2 x 27.2 inches
- Suitable for rooms between 100 sq. ft. up to 200 sq. ft. max
- Featuring AeraSafe antimicrobial treatment
- Filtration consists of 4 stages: using the initial filter, True HEPA, and carbon filter
- An optional ionizer
AeraMax 100 Air Purifier is one of the best-selling air purifiers on the market. It comes with a variety of features that can help people fight allergies and asthma. It has also obtained prominent reviews from people who have bought and used the product directly.
AeraMax Fellowes 9320301 uses a specially made anti-allergen called AeraSafe antimicrobial treatment. It combines this with a true carbon filter and HEPA to capture up to 99.97% of air particulates, some as small as 0.3 microns.
This is one of the best air purifiers under $ 100 so it is recommended for asthmatics. AeraMax 9320301 is certified as allergic and asthma friendly by the American Asthma and Allergy Foundation. AeraMax 9320301 efficiently serves rooms in 100 to 200 sq. ft. it has automatic settings to feel air quality and adjust the fan speed. LED lights also change color in response to air quality.
If you are looking for an air purifier that has all the star features, AeraMax 100 Air Purifier is what you are looking for. It’s also cheap which makes it better compared to other units on the market. Of course, you will not be disappointed with its performance and you might consider getting another.
What I liked:
- 4 stage filtering system for exceptional performance
- Slim and stylish design
- Durable and reliable
- Ideal for people with asthma and allergies
- The CADR rating is very good
- Touch screen display
- Lower noise output (without ionizer)
- Excellent air quality sensor
- Has turbo mode
What I don’t liked:
- Aera + mode produces several sounds
- The LED light on the touch screen display is too bright in the dark
- Designed for smaller spaces
- Ionizer makes crackling sounds
- Don’t have a sleep mode
3. Winix 5500-2 Odor Reducing Air Purifier with True HEPA
- 360 sq. Ft. VOC smart sensor
- The visual indicator of air quality
- Light sensor
- Automatic and sleep mode
- CUL is registered
- AHAM CADR certified (clean air delivery rate)
- California air resources board (CARB) certified
- Energy star certified.
The Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier is an advancement of the common 5300 model; it is designed to catch dust, smoke, mold spores, pollen, pet dander, air pollutants, dust mites, VOC (volatile organic compounds) household odors, and other allergens.
It is another best air purifier for odor removal that has been designed to have a 3-stage filtering system that operates at the molecular level. This sophisticated filtration system consists of: A true HEPA filter captures 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. The system also includes an activated carbon filter and deodorization to remove odors left over from cigarette smoke, ashtrays, and cooking. Activated carbon filters can be washed and have a long life.
In addition to activated carbon filters and True HEPA filters, Winix features PlasmaWave technology that breaks down odors and chemical vapors, making this product one of the most effective in reducing the effects of smoking in your home.
Winix can purify rooms up to 360 square feet in size and it is suitable for use in bedrooms. This air purifier has a smart sensor that regulates the fan speed according to the level of air quality. It also has a sleep mode for operation at low volumes. The dim-auto LED feature allows you to sleep without being disturbed by the lighting of the unit. If you want an air filter for cigarette smoke, this product is the best choice available.
It is an air purifier that is ideal for home or office use, suitable for medium or large rooms, bedrooms and children’s and baby’s rooms.
What I liked:
- A true HEPA filter removes 99.97% of particles
- Remove secondhand and thirdhand smoke particles
- Odorless activated carbon filter removes odors from smoke
- Top-class PlasmaWave technology that filters chemical pollutants
- Amazing value for money
- Washable AOC Carbon Filters
What I don’t liked:
- It dose emits ozone.
4. MOOKA True HEPA Air Purifier
- Minimalist design with one-button power and fan speed control
- 360-degree air intake with an airflow rate of 20 cubic feet per minute
- Three-stage filtration system including pre-filter, true HEPA filter, activated carbon filter
- Night light function
- CARB certification is 100% ozone free; ETL, FCC and CE certifications
The best Mooka air purifier for cigarette smoke is a compact and effective model that really helps clean the air at home. It is suitable for small and medium rooms and removes 99.97% of air contaminants. With a 360-degree air intake, this unit will increase air circulation at home. The manufacturer offers a 3-year warranty, so you can buy this purifier with confidence.
The air purifier comes with a three-stage filtration feature along with a True HEPA filter so that it can remove small particles up to 0.3 microns. Suck the air at the bottom, which enters the three filter layers before exiting from the top. Also, operations run smoothly due to superior construction. This model will eliminate various kinds of pollutants such as viruses in the air, food odors, dust, smoke, and even bacteria.
The true HEPA air purifier from Mooka GL-FS32 is a smooth and glossy finished air cleaner loaded with various filtering techniques. The flat, lateral air inlet design will allow you to use it anywhere, even on the wall. This design is very comfortable when you have a little more space in your room to put it. There doesn’t seem to be many features on the touch screen control panel above, but it includes a beautiful remote control.
The Mooka GL-FS32 is lightweight, easy to carry with a handle, and maintenance is very easy.
What I liked:
- True HEPA Filtration
- Including activated carbon, UV-C and ionizer
- CADR is relatively high
- Useful remote controls
- Slim and compact design
- Attractive price
- Low maintenance costs
- 3 years support
What I don’t liked:
- Hard at the highest speed
- UV lights are only controlled by a remote controller
- Bright LED light, a high-pitched beeping sound
5. BlueAir Blue Pure 211+ Air Purifier
- 360 cleaning: air is pulled to all four sides of the unit as opposed to having only one inlet. Clean air is then released out from the top. The more surface area of the filter, the more allergens can be captured
- One-touch controls: easy to use, simple aesthetics
- Changable colors: 5 pre-filter color options
- 3 fan speeds: low, medium, high
Pure blue air purifiers have been known for playing a very vital role in keeping the air healthy for years. The Pure Blue family has delivered so many amazing products, with pure blue 211+ one of which. The Pure Blue 211+ Air Purifier has been designed with easiness and style in mind.
This unit has been tested to effectively remove allergens that cause pollution and odors in the home, helping to breathe and sleep more comfortably at any time. Henceforth, this is one of the best air purifiers for smell removal on the market.
Purely blue air purifiers utilize particle air filters which do an excellent job in removing contaminants and allergens from the atmosphere and do not have a true HEPA filter.
With the actual HEPA filter recognized and recommended by most international bodies around the world, its absence is a defect in the formation of blue pure 211 because of its proven ability to capture up to 99.97% of particles up to 0.3 microns in size.
Pure Blue 211+ has a CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) 350 for pollen, dust, and smoke. This is one of the most powerful CADR ratings on the market and rarely sees the same high ranking for all three allergens. CADR refers to the volume of air (in cubic feet per minute) that is cleaned and released by air purifiers.
What I liked:
- 3 levels of filtration
- 46 sq. ft. large folded particle filter
- Very high airflow, suitable for removing allergens faster
- Pre-filter multicolor fabric
- Minimalist one-button design
- High airflow with low energy consumption
- Quiet whisper operations for those who are sensitive to sound
What I don’t liked:
- The main filter is not a HEPA filter
- Smell filters aren’t very effective
- Air purifiers don’t have WiFi connectivity or smart features
- It also does not have an on / off timer and an integrated air sensor
- Some buyers complain of strong chemicals
Thoughts for Choosing The Best Air Purifier For Odors
Filter type and quality:
When dealing with odors, thebest air purifier for smells air that you buy must have a HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter. Which two different features are needed in an efficient filter? The HEPA filter removes about 99.97% of allergens in the atmosphere, while carbon/charcoal filters are solely responsible for handling odors or odors. Most of the upper air purifiers also have a secondary pre-filter in the 3 or 4 stage air filtering process.
The quality of the air purifier depends to a large extent on how large the area can be covered efficiently. Depending on the size of the house or room where you buy it, you must buy an equivalent sized device.
CADR Ranking and AHAM Clarification:
The best types of air purifiers always have a high CADR (clean air delivery rate) rating, which is the cubic foot per meter covered by the device.
AHAM (Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers) continued to measure how bad the CADR rating was and followed the 2/3 rule stating that the CADR of smoke must be greater than or equal to 2/3 of the room area in square feet.
Energy Star Certification:
Energy Star only certifies products with an efficient maximum power saving system that helps save on electricity costs. This is very useful, why spend more money on electricity bills when you can use products that perform effectively. And keep the bill low.
Air Purifier For Odor Removal: A General Place That Makes Houses Smell
1. Kitchen Odor: Needs For The Best Air Purifier For Kitchen Smell
The kitchen is one of the places in the house where odors and pollution are produced in large quantities, mostly from cooking activities, and often use water and waste materials to clean dishes.
This means that there is a widespread tendency that mold develops in several corners of the wall which can cause odor and pollution of bacteria and germs in the atmosphere. Ways to overcome this problem include good ventilation or covering up some sources of food waste.
Having the best air purifier for kitchen scents in your home, can save a lot of irritation and not only push the odors out or suppress them from the house’s circulation, but it will also completely clean the air, eliminating the odor entirely
2. Pet Odors: Why You Need The Best Air Purifier For Pet Smell
If you like having pets lying down or even lying on your body or sleeping in your bed, you can’t deny the fact that often, they smell bad or release fur around the house that makes some people allergic.
Their waste is also a significant challenge to overcome, especially if your pet has a habit of throwing garbage into the house and really insists on stopping it. If you find yourself in this situation, using the best air purifier for pet odor is an excellent remedy and will help you live with a lower tolerance and more comfort.
Dog air purifier odors or specially built to handle pet odors must consist of a HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter. These important qualities will be discussed later as we proceed.
3. Bathroom And Damp Odor: The Best Air Purifier Needs For Musty Smell
Most of the rooms especially our bathroom is disturbed by the presence of high humidity levels, therefore mildew and bacteria have a high level, causing bathroom odors. Bathrooms in most homes are built with a lack of proper ventilation plans, so you have to deal with high humidity levels alone.
I recommend that you use the best air purifier for a stale smell, because, this helps you get rid of mold and other bacterial remnants in the atmosphere, therefore dealing with the irritating odor they produce.
Air Freshener or Air Purifier: Which is The Best for Elimination of Odor
In most cases, whenever we feel any odor at home, we often try to eradicate it with air fresheners and other chemicals that only suppress the odor for a while.
What we don’t realize is that the source of these smells too, because the air freshener element can go far to leave a residue which will further add to the odor from an already bad odor. In addition, most fresheners contain formaldehyde which is harmful to your health.
Air fresheners are to some extent an excellent way to get rid of odors in the air, but air purifiers work better. Air fresheners have been linked to excess cancer and have been found to leave VOC residues and formaldehyde which have a way of causing headaches, nausea, and asthma.
Causes of House Odor: What Are They?
A stinky environment is mostly unpleasant and always has an adverse effect on the health of the people who live around it. Sometimes, something smells in your house and you can’t find it. Most of these are caused by the following reasons:
- Pet clothes smell
- spoilage material
- ventilation of damaged sewers
- bad building material
- rotten food
- old rugs and carpets
- Dead animals; they can be in places like the attic, walls, chimneys, under the house (if your house is raised).
- Power cord not working
The best way to deal with odors at home is to identify their source and attack there.
i have selected best air purifier for odor removal that i believe have the best features. If you read our guide carefully, it is much easier to narrow down the options available and choose the right one for your home or office. With a small investment, you can keep your inner space always clean and fresh, thus improving the quality of your life and staying healthy.