Buying the best air purifier for allergies and asthma is probably the least invasive link to combat this suffering… and one of the best choices you will ever make.
Allergy sufferers know that they are not only annoying but also debilitating. Our quality of life is dramatically reduced by red and itchy eyes, runny nose, lack of sleep and dyspnea, to name just a few. Of course, one of the more harmful negatives is asthma, which can be life-threatening in severe cases.
Allergies cannot be cured, but some of the symptoms can be reduced until life is again meaningful. Of course, you will want to see a doctor to determine the links of exactly how much and how allergic. However, while your doctors, allergists or experts make recommendations, you can also make sure of cleaning up the air you breathe by purchasing an air cleaner specifically designed to combat asthma attacks and allergies.
If you are looking for the best air purifier for allergies or want to get the best air purifier for asthma, then your search is over. There are many good choices to choose from, but when you want the best of the best, you need to find a brand and product that more people trust. That’s what we present to you here today!
Fortunately, you don’t have to sell organs to get a really decent purifier to help with allergies. What you really need is a true HEPA filter, a powerful fan system, and proper area coverage. However, it is explained in more detail below!
Do Air Purifiers Help With Asthma?
According to Mayo Clinic air purifiers will help to reduce the asthma problem, especially for children. Asthma triggers a condition that makes your airways narrow or swollen and creates difficulties to breathe.
In 2018 they found that ozone generators are really effective to removes impurities such as Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) that can trigger asthma attacks. Air purifiers will help to get rid of asthma and also will reduce the cost of visiting allergists or doctor checkups.
Does a HEPA Filter Help With Allergies?
Air dust of 0. 3 microns in size are an issue outdoor and indoors both. Indoors contain much impure air such as mold spores, pet dander, dust mites that can trigger asthma attacks.
The HEPA air filter can catch polluted indoor air and can get rid of allergy and asthma issues. Basically, a gadget that has the capacity to capture harmful smoke particles from the air and purify it.
Top 10 Best Air Purifiers for Allergies and Asthma Reviewed
Read on to find out what air purifiers you need to treat asthma and allergies and the best models on the market in 2021.
- Changing fan speed
- Easy-to-understand simple controls
- Use as a tower or tabletop, depending on available space
- Can be operated quietly, ideal for bedtime
Finding air cleaners that can help remove particles and help in allergen reduction is not easy, even with numerous models on the market. In many cases, purifiers are scarce in some departments, as if they could not clean the air to the expected level.
If your pet suffers from airborne allergies, such as VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds), dandruff, dust particles, and pollen, this means that it can have a negative impact on your health.
However, those concerns that the VEVA 8000 Elite Pro series does not meet expected standards are a thing of the past. Instead, this air cleaner has the ability to surprise you with the differences you can make in a very short period of time.
In conclusion, the VEVA 8000 Elite Pro Series will blow your mind with what you can do and how to clean the air in a fraction of the time. The fact that it is so quiet will also impress you, and there is little doubt that you will not notice much difference in the air cleaning of the room.
According to consumer reports, the manufacturing standards of this purifier are impressive, only changing the filter once a year, this represents the true value of money, but there are ways to improve the quality of the air you breathe, It is more important than anything else you can imagine.
This unit is specially designed to guarantee clean air delivery up to 325 square feet. Therefore, it is suitable for most homes. The biggest advantage is the fact that when placed near the kitchen, cooking odors can be removed while removing harmful particulates from the air.
True HEPA air filters capture 99.97% of particles as small as 0. 3 microns in size. This means removing dust, pet dander, mold spores, pollen, bacteria, and bacteria. Therefore, if you are looking for a model that alleviates allergies and alleviates symptoms of asthma, this is the model to consider. Creating a clean environment at home is always a good thing. If you are a pet owner, smoker, or suffering from allergies, this model should also be considered.
What I Like
- Use a true HEPA air filter.
- Activated carbon pre-filter is included.
- Air cleaning up to 99.97% of all dust.
- It catches not only bacteria in the environment but also odor.
- It can be operated quietly and is ideal in the evening.
What I Don’t Like
- You need to change the air filters every 12 months, which is almost no problem.
- The 4-stage purification process
- AeraSmart Sensor Technology
- A very quiet operation
- Very efficient for pollen and pet allergies.
- Filter changes are very easy.
- Includes a three-year limited warranty.
- Have manual fan-speed control in addition to automatic mode.
- Aera + mode
AeraMax is one of the best air purifiers on the market with smart sensors that can automatically detect pollutants and purify the air. It is packed with true air filters that have an antibacterial treatment that can safely remove particles and other viruses, mold spores, and bacteria from the air.
In addition, it is certified as friendly to allergies and asthma triggers. There are also certain modes for the flu and cold season. This purifier is very efficient at capturing the influenza virus from indoor air. Therefore, small rooms are almost always recommended.
The AeraMax 100 is a tall but elongated purifier with a four-stage filtration system that includes a HEPA filter with activated carbon. It has a smart sensor that detects small particles in the air and an automatic mode, so you can change the fan speed on the fly depending on the situation.
This inexpensive system is suitable for small rooms between 100 and 200 square feet and is quiet enough to be inconspicuous except for the best fan settings. Antibacterial treatment to protect against odor-causing molds, bacteria, and fungi. Unique PlasmaTrue technology creates an ionization field to further remove airborne contaminants and particles.
The carbon filter needs to be changed every three months and the HEPA filter needs to be changed once a year.
What I Like
- Best for allergy and asthma sufferers
- Cold and flu modes
- Automatically detects and purifies the air
- 24/7 protection from all types of airborne allergens
- Remove all kinds of odors
- Refresh effect
What I Don’t Like
- Expensive parts
- Filter replacement required
- Only for small areas
- Three-stage filtration
- Precision spare filter
- True HEPA
- 6 months of clean air
- For the unit to operate efficiently
- Sleep mode: Runs at the quietest fan speed
- Activated carbon filter
- 3 fan speeds (low, medium, high) in auto/sleep mode
- LED display and air condition indicator
- Programmable timer: 1-12 hours timer
The Levoit LV-Pur131 purifier is a brother of the popular 132 models. It has a smooth, square design in white shades to fit seamlessly into most rooms in homes and offices. Levoit LV-PUR131 is an attractive machine for those who like fresh white color and smooth lines. It has a digital display screen and a horizontal control panel along the top.
At first glance, you have everything you need for an air purifier. The HEPA filter with activated carbon, and affordable. However, there are a few small issues to consider in order to get the true idea of this machine and what you might experience if you own it.
Keep your room clean with this LEVOIT LV-PUR131, the best true HEPA air purifier. Utilizing a three-stage filtration system, these room air cleaners can remove up to 99.97% of dust, bacteria, allergens, and odors as small as 0. 3 microns. Cleans up to 322 square feet, making it ideal for bedrooms and living rooms.
Switch to sleep mode and get less noise and fresh air when you sleep at night. The fresh air of LEVOIT LV-PUR131 makes breathing easier and makes you feel fresher.
What I Like
- Outstanding value is given for its price and specification.
- Inexpensive and easy to replace a 3-in-1 filter kit.
- Supports medium to large room sizes thanks to the wide purification range.
- Automatic mode and signal quality indicators are standard equipment.
- programmable timer per hour.
What I Don’t Like
- Dust, pollen, and smoke CADR are not the best in this segment.
- Since the buttons are touch-based and exactly the same size, controlling the purifier at night is difficult.
- The fan stops operating or makes noise
- Strainers are expensive to change
- The air purifier has a medical grade true HEPA filter that is tested to remove 99.4% of particles at 0.02 microns in size.
- Industry-standard no air by-pass for superior air filtration performance
- Ozone free air cleaner preventing harmful secondary pollution
- -Medical grade True HEPA filter removes 99.4% of particles at 0.02 microns
- Whisper quiet and easy to use with variable fan speeds
- Compact and lightweight
- Energy Star certified with up to 90% less power
- Air purifier ideal for large rooms, bedrooms, offices, classrooms, churches, businesses, apartments, and basements
- A six-stage filtration system with a true HEPA filter ensures.
- UV light sterilizer that destroys airborne bacteria aiming at DNA
- Ionizers emit negatively charged ions.
- Air level sensor and indicator to detect and display indoor air quality
- Choose from three fan speeds
- Automatic mode that automatically adjusts based on air condition
- Quiet sleep mode operating at the quietest level
HathaSpace Smart HEPAs are some of the best for removing pet hairs born from HEPA technology. Purification filters are equipped to remove more than 99.97% of unhealthy substances in the atmosphere, facilitating smooth breathing. Impurities include toxin particles such as pet hair, house odors, gases, dust, smoke, mold, pollen, and airborne bacteria.
Knowing that your air does not contain any invincible anti-health particles should definitely a relief to you.
Hathaspace Smart HEPA purifiers have a core attribute that distinguishes them from other types of air purifiers. It boasts all six stages of filtration, which can make performance delivery very satisfactory.
Stages include a high-tech cold catalytic filter that sifts unwanted small particles, a carbon filter for enhanced filtration operations, an antibacterial filter that traps bacteria and bacteria only, a true HEPA filter, a UV sterilizer, and an ionizer Make the grouper space a smart purifier so that it does not shake.
As effective as Hathaspace Smart Purifier, but covers a 300 square fit. That is, it is not as effective in larger apartments. However, if you have the budget, you can also get more.
The HathaSpace Smart Purifier has a unique component that is automatic control of air level sensors because it was created taking into account the constantly changing atmospheric conditions of the place.
The sensor constantly analyzes the surroundings and makes it sensitive to the level of impurities detected. The operation of the sensor is a color indicator on the panel. The color changes over time to indicate the quality of the air in the apartment and the fan speed is adjusted accordingly to provide the required purification intensity.
What I Like
- True HEPA filter technology
- 6-stage filtration system
- Smart design
- Easy to set up and use
- Automatic air level management
- Innovative compact design
- Quiet operation
- Remote controller
What I Don’t Like
- There is a 300 square foot coverage limit
- High maintenance costs, need to change filters every 6 months
- It has a True HEPA filter with area-safe antibacterial treatment
- A carbon filter for a four-stage filtration process that captures 99.97% of airborne particles
- An odor removal device.
- Filter type: carbon. True HEPA with area-safe antimicrobial treatment
- Automatic air purifier performance.
- Allergy and Asthma Certified by the American Asthma and Allergy Foundation all rights reserved
If you want to say goodbye to all types of harmful airborne particles from your home for a long time. AeraMax 300 Large Room Purifier must be installed. This is because you just relax without feeling pain. Due to its excellent quality and compact design, it is currently one of the best air purifiers on the market. One of the most interesting features of this purifier is a four-stage filtration system. It covers a huge area of your home.
If you want to buy the best performing air purifier, definitely AeraMax 300 Large Room Purifier will meet your biggest expectations. Fellowes’ AeraMax 300 Large Room Air Purifier is a stylish HEPA air purifier with a cool touch control panel and beautiful modern finish. It’s a bit expensive, but because it’s more powerful and has some extra features that most other ozone air purifiers don’t get.
In terms of performance, it easily covers large rooms up to 600 square feet in size. It uses a three-stage filtration process that includes a negative ion generator. It comes with 4 fan speeds, auto mode, and air condition indicators.
But our most favorite additional feature is Aera + mode, designed for use during peak allergy season. It can be very helpful if you or someone at home have allergies.
There are many gorgeous and attractive features that make the devices included in an air purifier really popular at a very affordable price on the market. If you are looking for a functional and easy-to-use purifier, the AeraMax 300 Large Room Air Purifier is for you.
What I Like
- Large room coverage
- 4 fan speeds and automatic mode
- Air level index
- Aera + mode improves performance during allergy season
What I Don’t Like
- Generates annoying treble
- Sleep mode and no timer
- Price is high
- They create ozone that is particularly damaging to people with existing lung problems. This can turn it off.
- LCD display and electronic control such as on/off button, UV button, fan speed button.
- Three fan speeds
- Filter change indicator shows when to change the filter
- UV lamp reset function is displayed when the UV lamp needs to be replaced
- Small footprint and modern design
Oransi V-HEPA Finn is a long-life tower air purifier for rooms up to 400 square feet (37 m2). The purifier is effective and easy to use safe and of great value.
Oransi Finn Purifier is created to save space. Oransi says: In addition, it has eliminated wasted space and made it more compact and powerful than other tower air purifiers. ”Tower design allows installation in various locations. Do not place it near a wall so that the intake and exhaust vents are not blocked.
It is 22 inches (56 cm) high, 10 inches (24 cm) wide and 7 inches (18 cm) deep.
Oransi Finn also has a germicidal UV-c light. Sterilize HEPA filters – destroy harmful bacteria, bacteria, and viruses. UV lamps work in conjunction with pre-filters to break down bacteria and VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) through oxidation.
Oransi Finn weighs only 10 pounds (4.5 kg) and has a built-in carrying handle, making it easy to move the purifier through the house. Oransi Finn is an easy-to-use, stylish tower purifier for rooms up to 400 square feet. A cost-effective purifier for allergy sufferers and those who want to create cleaner air.
What I Like
- Save space – The slim tower design fits into almost any small space.
- Energy efficiency-uses only 55 watts at the highest setting.
- HEPA filter needs to be changed only once every two years.
- It is really quiet.
- LCD display.
- Germicidal UV-c light.
What I Don’t Like
- Some of the blue power-on lights may be too bright at night.
- Carbon filters only absorb light odors and chemicals.
- Ionizers produce ozone. We recommend turning it off.
- Includes largest air purifier, installed filters, and user manual
- Smart intelligent air level monitor
- automatically adjusts fan speed
- Energy Star certification
- Filters: Vacuum compatible pre-strainer, HEPA with activated carbon
- Replacement filters indicator
- Fan speed: 4 plus automatic mode
- Electronic display with indoor air quality monitor
The air condition in your home is something you can control now. From now on, you and your family need not breathe dirty air. Oransi Max HEPA purifier from a small room to a large room with activated carbon. This air purifier is for dust, allergy, asthma, pollen, mold, smoke and odor. Removes 99% of airborne particulates. Ideal for bedroom, office, living room or basement. From the name of this device, you can see that it is an air purifier for asthma with many specific features.
This purifier is different from other air purifiers because it focuses on removing all harmful substances from the air. This way, if you are allergic to certain things, there will be no allergic reactions as long as you are in a place where the air is clean with this device. Whatever your allergies, this device removes those allergens from the air and makes your life much easier. You do not need to use drugs for allergies. Just use this purifier to purify your home air.
What I Like
- Simply plug in and breathe easily in allergy-free shelters
- Stylish design
- Say goodbye to a stuffy nose
- Wake up to a fresh, clean-smelling house
- Odor carbon filter
- Air quality monitor
- Filter change indicator
What I Don’t Like
- Large housing, not very compact
- Big fan
- The Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04 purifies the air while also providing heating or cooling as needed
- Senses air pollution and reports air quality levels on an LCD display, including ultrafine particles (PM 2.5), allergens (PM10), and nitrogen dioxide (NO2)
- The sealed HEPA filter captures 99.97% of allergens as small as 0.3 microns, making this an ideal air purifier for allergies, pets, dust, smoke, pollen, and mold spores
- Can be used for long range personal heating or fast, even room heating
- Wi-Fi connected and controlled using the Dyson Link app
- Voice control using Alexa to turn on/off, turn on auto mode, and update you on the indoor air quality.
- 4-stage filtering with 6 fan speeds and 320-degree distribution
- PreMax pre-filter
- HyperHEPA True HEPA filter
- V5-Cell MG Carbon filter
- Pelletized chemisorption filter from V5-Cell
- UltraSeal 3D seal technology agency three
- 4-language digital display with an advanced scheduling timer
- Remote control system
- Certified for quality and performance
With various awards around the world, the new edition of IQAir Healthpro Plus is undoubtedly the best air purifier that can be obtained by someone who needs really clean air. Apart from Swiss quality assurance since 1960, the new improved edition promises up to 25% more clean air, 32% less noise and 38% longer filter life.
IQAir HealthPro Plus o is one of the best cleaners on the market today for anyone who has severe allergies or respiratory problems. It features pre-filters, carbon filters, and HEPA filters that are able to capture particles as small as 0. 3 microns. Soft enough to be used and enjoyed by anyone, including people with COPD; this unit is hard compared to the cheaper units available, but most users in this price range focus on their performance in creating a hygienic environment.
IQAir HealthPro is appropriate for use in rooms up to 900 sq. ft. The four-button touch panel on the front of the unit displays an optional timer that will turn off the cleaning tool at certain times, visual reminders when to change filters, and fan speed.
IQAir HealthPro Plus is not necessarily an ideal air purifier for users who have minimal or moderate allergic problems, such as breathing problems, as cheaper units are suitable for average pet hair and fur allergens. However, people with severe allergies or people with respiratory conditions consider this unit to be a world-class 3 step screening process and have been rigorously tested. It’s free of ozone and ionizers which are potentially dangerous, and even if it’s noisy, the positive impact on your air quality might be greater than the noise problem.
What I Like
- Tri-Filter System
- European Norms EN 1822 Trusted
- There is no potentially toxic process
- Durable filter
- HyperHEPA is the best True HEPA filter
- Default programmable timer
- Powerful 320-degree airflow distribution
What I Don’t Like
- Big and heavy
What Is the Best Air Purifier for Asthma and Allergies?
There is a huge range of products in the market that we can choose from. But we all have some requirements when we want to purchase something. Like power, performance, features, cost, and design.
If its basically for asthma and allergy purposes then the purifier should have a True HEPA filter, Active carbon filter, fan speed ( the more speed of the fan the more it can clear up the impurity from the air)
Editors words: if air purification has these particular features and effective for asthma and allergy and also affordable then you better go for it.
What Are the Main Features to Look for? Buying Guide
True HEPA filter: This is very important for dealing with asthma and allergies. Some of the smallest particles can be the most triggering, so you need a filter that can capture as many particles as possible. Fortunately, there are some great tags that are affordable with a true HEPA filter. The smallest particles are smoke, viruses and bacteria which do not directly cause allergies but do not want to dangle to make the symptoms worse.
Fan Speed: The faster the fan speed, the faster the air circulates through the air purifier, the faster you get a fresh and healthy room. The slower the fan, the quieter the machine. Therefore, the choice of different fans is very convenient as it can be adjusted according to the degree of air pollution and the required quietness (eg at bedtime).
Smart sensor and automatic mode: Air purifier with smart sensor basically monitors the air and indicates the air quality using colored LED lights. This means you can adjust the fan speed manually or take advantage of the “auto” mode if you have one. Auto mode automatically adjusts the fan speed according to the degree of air pollution, allowing you to spend one day.
CADR Rating: Each purifier has (or requires) a set of CADR ratings as well as the recommended room size. It is important to remember that the higher the CADR rating, the more effective the air purifier. For recommended room sizes, make sure you note down the room to be cleaned and select the model that matches the recommended room size. (For example, choose a model that has a recommended room area of at least 200 square feet, because a 200-square-foot living room requires an air purifier).
Quiet: If you need an air purifier to help sleep at night with less allergic symptoms, a quiet machine is best. Choose the “Sleep” mode or at least one with slower fan speed.
When searching for the best air purifiers for allergies and dust in 2021, you need to determine what you are allergic to. Although many purifiers deal with many allergies, it’s better to know what the enemy really is.
Another Feature That the Manufacturer Added to the Air Purifier
Unique features: Some air purifiers have UV lamps, ion generators, environmentally friendly modes, specially designed HEPA filters, and other features such as interchangeable covers.
Types of Air Purifier Filtration Systems
The general air filtration system
- High-Efficiency Particulate Air Filter (HEPA)
- Pre Filter Mesh
- Activated carbon filter
- UV-C lamps
- Air ionizer
- PhotoElectroChemical Oxidation (PECO)
The unusual air filtration system
- Photocatalytic Oxidation (PCO)
- Titanium dioxide (TiO2)
- Ozone Generator (O3)
- Electrostatic deposits
- Thermodynamic Sterilization (TSS)
- Oxygen Plus Technology
Why Are Air Purifiers Particularly Good at Allergies and Asthma Relief?
Air purifiers process particles in the air, as opposed to those found in carpets and upholstery. Particles such as pollen, mold spores and dandruff are catastrophic for allergy sufferers and unfortunately, they like to hang out in the air.
An air purifier draws in air, passes it through a filter to capture and retain small particles, and then returns clean air to the room. If the filter is good (ie, true HEPA) and can capture even the smallest particles, troublesome allergens will be kept away from you and your lungs.
Many people experience bad asthma and allergic symptoms at night, waking up with tight chest and itchy eyes. Air purifiers can make a huge difference in sleep quality by significantly reducing the number of allergy triggers in the room.
Next, let’s talk about what to look for in the spec sheet for air purifiers, especially for asthma symptoms and allergies
Types of Allergy From Air Particles
It is possible to control allergens in the room and therefore reduce airborne particles that can cause symptoms of allergies and asthma. The easiest way to do this is to clean and reduce allergens in your home. If you can prevent them from being kicked into the air, you can reduce the symptoms of allergies and asthma. The main sources of allergens in the room that are most commonly seen today are:
- Fur and pet fur: is one of the most common allergy triggers found in the air at home today
- Carpets: carpet fibers can trap all types of allergens in them and can be triggered in and of themselves
- Soft furnishings: bad sofas and recliners to hold skin cells, pet dander, and dust for a long time
- Smoking: Smoking has a bad habit to get into any porous surface and can last for months
- Stuffed toys: teddy bears and the like can store dust mites, pet dander, and other allergens as well
- Cabinets: areas that are not often accessed such as storage cabinets often have a lot of dust and mildew
- Humid areas: kitchens and bathrooms can be a breeding ground for molds that cause allergies and asthma symptoms
- Indoor plants: some can clean the air but dirt is often a breeding ground for mold and pollen
- Mattress: the mattress traps all sorts of allergens such as skin cells, dust mites, dust, pollen, etc.
- Pillows: a mattress pillow can also trap the most triggers of allergies and asthma
- Bed: if you don’t wash sheets and blankets often, you can trap allergens every night too
There may be more allergens on the surface than in the air. Surface allergens enter the air easily when you disturb them by cleaning dust or sitting. So it becomes a vicious circle of air to surface returning to the air again.
Common Allergy Symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny
- Sneezing and postnasal infusion
- Pain and itchy throat
- Watery and itchy eyes
- Hard to breath
- Coughing or chest congestion
- Skin irritation or rash
By using quality air purifiers in your home or office, you can eliminate most of all common allergens from the air, thereby improving your overall health and reducing the severity of your asthma symptoms or allergies. If you have been looking for the best air purifiers to use in your home or office, we are happy to give you our findings on the three best units, specifically designed for individuals who are struggling with allergies and asthma!
There we have it, an amazing, affordable and room-friendly set of air purifiers to help you deal with allergies and asthma in your home or office. Hopefully, you find yourself a gem somewhere on this list and you are on your way to easier and more comfortable breathing. As always, before buying, take a trip through the reviews section to get an idea of what experiences other consumers have because their needs might suit you.
Air purifiers are a brilliant choice for people suffering from allergies or asthma symptoms. They can maintain clean air thereby improving the person’s condition and maintaining symptoms. Choosing the best air purifier for allergies and asthma can substantially improve the quality of life of the person.